Tofu Summer Rolls with Carrot, Cucumber and Mint-Basil Tahini Dip
Try this quick and easy healthy snack/meal!
- 1 carrot
- 0.5 cucumber
- 4 oz super-firm cubed tofu
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp minced garlic
0.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 0.5 lemon
- 2 brown rice wrappers
1. Slice carrots and cucumber lengthwise into thin strips.
2. Halve each cube of tofu and set aside.
3. Coarsely chop basil and mint. Set aside.
4. In a small food processor or bowl, combine tahini, garlic, maple syrup, juice of half a lemon, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk or blend to combine evenly, adding water 1 tsp at a time to achieve desired consistency. Transfer sauce to a serving dish (for dipping).
5. Boil 1 cup of water and pour into a shallow dish that is at least 1” wider than your rice wrappers. Place wrappers into the hot water for 1 minute until soft.
6. Remove and place on a dry work surface. Layer in tofu, carrots, cucumber, mint and basil.
7. Fold up the bottom and top of the wrapper, then roll side-to-side to seal in your filling.
Serve with dipping sauce.
- Calories 361.6
- Fat 21.8g
- Carbs 29.4g
- Sugar 8.4g
- Fiber 5.7g
- Protein 18.8g
- Sodium 165.3mg
Amy Height is a Holistic Health Coach, stage manager, triathlete and yogi living in San Francisco. She has a healthy obsession with HIIT and CrossFit, which she balances with a healthy love for all things plant-based and edible. She shares healthy living ideas and fun vegan recipes at fromthegroundupwellness.com.