Stir-Fry is a fast and healthy meal. Made with the perfect combination of vegetables and protein in one dish, clean up is a breeze and leftovers are perfect for lunch the next day!
If you are a vegetarian using quinoa instead of rice is an easy way to add protein. Quinoa contains 9 grams of protein per cup. This recipe also uses sunflower seeds, which contain 7 grams of protein per ¼ cup.
1 cup of Broccoli florets
½ White Onion sliced in half moon shapes
½ cup of Snow Peas (ends trimmed off)
½ cup of Red Peppers (sliced in long strips)
½ cup of Carrots, sliced
¼ cup of Scallions, sliced
1 cup of Quinoa, cooked
¼ cup of Sunflower Seeds
Salt and Pepper
For the Stir Fry Sauce:
3 tablespoons of Gluten Free Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon on Sesame Oil
2 garlic Garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon of red pepper
– Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to a wok or large frying pan. Add the white onions and cook till translucent.
– Next add the broccoli, red pepper, carrots, and snow peas. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir fry till the vegetables start to get a golden color and slightly tender.
– In a separate bowl combine all stir fry sauce ingredients. Add the sauce to the vegetables and stir in till vegetables are cooked.
– Remove pan from heat and stir in the quinoa.
– When you serve top the dish with the scallions and sunflower seeds.