- Barry’s Bootcamp has branched their famous army-style kick-butt workout across the Atlantic to London!
- Haven’t been yet? Their 60 minute workouts consist of alternating cardio and strength intervals that focus on different body parts depending on the day of the week.
- What makes Barry’s stand out are their motivating, military-like, and sometimes hilarious instructors that push you past your limits.
- You could burn up to 1,000 calories per class!
- The first Barry’s Bootcamp was opened in 1998 by Barry Jay.
- Today there are 12 locations across the US including New York, Los Angeles, Boston, London, and Norway.
- Barry’s promotes themselves as “the best workout in the world,” which is proven by their celebrity clientele such as Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, and Kim Kardashian.
- Single Class: £20.
- The studio has a club-like feel with red lighting, camouflage painted walls, and heart-pumping music.
- The lockerooms are filled with luxury products from Malin + Goetz as well as hair dryers, and straighteners.
- Make sure to grab a delicious shake at their FUEL bar post-class. In a rush? Call to order ahead of time and the drink will be waiting for you!
Located just by Euston Station is Barry’s Bootcamp first London location, which oozes cool and clean cut from the first impression, and it’s a lasting one. We did a Core & Abs class with the lovely, attentive (you won’t get away with slacking off) and highly energetic Anya Lahiri. We alternated between cardio intervals that included hills (up to a 15% incline) and sprints, and strength sessions that worked all muscles in our stomach and back. We definitely felt the burn and exhaustion mixed with motivation and pride! This is a real HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) challenge, not for the faint-hearted, but for those who love to sweat, push themselves to their limits, and have a blast while doing it!
Euston 16 Upper Woburn Place
London, WC1H 0AF +44 (0) 207 387 7001