- SCHEDULE & BOOKING AVAILABLE ON THE BURNTHIS APP!
- BOOK SINGLE CLASSES FOR $34/CLASS OR SAVE 3% WITH A 5-PACK ($33/CLASS) ON THE APP.
- Burn 1,000 calories in one hour.
- All one-hour long, unless you hit the super early-bird 5am 50-minute classes.
- You can choose the Full Body class, which hits a little bit of everything, or go for target-area bootcamps, with Arms & Abs, Butt & Legs, Hard Core Abs, or Chest, Back & Abs.
- Interval-Training techniques are used where instructors have you alternate between floor/riser free-weight exercises and treadmill walk/jog/run/sprint exercises.
- Circuits vary from 5 – 15 – 30 minute splits, depending on the class – i.e. there is an option for every attention span!
- NY Studio Locations: Chelsea, TriBeCa, The Hamptons (Wainscott)
- Barry’s Boot Camp had been around since 1998 across the country in Los Angeles.
- Founder Barry Jay was a top fitness instructor in L.A. who devised the hour-long workout that blended drill sergeant style routines with a fun, club-like atmosphere.
- The NYC outposts, which first opened in 2011, are a welcome homecoming for this native New Yorker.
- This is one of the boutique studio classes in New York that attracts an equal ratio of men and women (added perk).
- The guys tend to gravitate towards the stations at the far end of the studio, closer to the weights.
- The locker-area is co-ed and a little bit tight so pack light.
- You cannot bring any bags or personal belongings into the class with you.
We took a Full Body class Friday evening at the Chelsea location at 135 W. 20th Street. Friday night fitness classes are some of our favorites – a great way to unwind after a long and hectic week and get a serious sweat on. We were pumped to try the famous studio that celebrities apparently drool over.
As advertised, these classes make you sweat like no other! The class ran at an intense pace for the entire session. The room was divided into two groups, with half on the treadmills while the other half we’re coached through a series of floor exercises, which included planks, crunches, squats, and free-weight repetitions. More than any other body part, our abs were screaming by the end of class. Now we know why all of their instructors are shirtless in the promos!
TriBeca 1 York Street
New York, NY 10013 646-569-5310Chelsea 135 West 20th Street
New York, NY 10011 646-559-2719Wainscott 352 Montauk Highway
Wainscott, NY 11975 631-537-2668