- This eco-chic power yoga studio is located in the heart of North Manhattan Beach.
- Power Yoga (the type of yoga taught in studio) is a transformational practice that links breath to movement, building strength, maintaining the central principles of ancient yoga, but moving beyond the static, traditional postures in favor of a more dynamic vinyasa flow.
- The studio offers a full schedule of high-energy, music filled power yoga taught by the top yoga instructors of Los Angeles.
- The studio has consistently won “Best Studio” awards by the South Bay Community and lives up to its standards with its zen entrance and peaceful outdoor courtyard perfect for socializing or meditating before or after class.
- The Green Yogi will launch online classes starting in September. So if you don’t live in Manhattan Beach, you can still soak up the good energy of The Green Yogi from your home or hotel room.
- Studio owner and certified yoga instructor, Mary Strong, was a 15-year veteran broadcaster covering local and national news and sports news before opening The Green Yogi.
- After her career as a broadcaster and professional beach volleyball player she began looking for a new purpose.
- The idea for the Green Yogi came to her in a dream in 2009.
- Mary teaches classes at the Green Yogi and is regarded as one of the best yoga instructors in Los Angeles.
- Although The Green Yogi’s schedule is online, you can only sign up at the actual studio through iPads on location, so be sure to get there a couple of minutes before class.
- The relaxing outer courtyard makes down time either before or after your yoga practice enjoyable.
- The Green Yogi will launch online classes starting in September — if you don’t live in Manhattan Beach, you can still soak up the good energy of The Green Yogi from your home or hotel room.
- If you are a yoga lover or even just a yoga dabbler the studio’s Daily Greens blog is highly, informative and interesting
- The studio also offers yoga certification classes in exotic locations like Bali.
Set against the beautiful backdrop of Manhattan Beach, The Green Yogi felt like an oasis within an oasis. When we walked in we felt like we were in a restful, zen-like sanctuary, complete with a beautiful running fountain, grassy floors, comfortable seating and a zen atmosphere that helped us gear up for class. The people at the front desk were extremely helpful and signing up for the class through an iPad was quick and painless.
The power yoga class we took with instructor Wendy was everything we had hoped for: the right combination of high-energy music and a dynamic vinyasa flow that made us feel like we received a proper workout with the right amount of relaxation at the end. The custom tailored attention we received from the instructor was much appreciated, and made the class perfect for anybody including moms to be who want to keep their healthy glow.
Manhattan Beach 3504 Highland Ave.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 310- 546-YOGI