- SCHEDULE & BOOKING AVAILABLE ON THE BURNTHIS APP!
- BOOK SINGLE CLASSES FOR $33/CLASS OR SAVE 6% WITH A 5-PACK ($31/CLASS) ON THE APP.
- Chaise23 is mixing up pilates with their “Reinvention Method”.
- Their 55-minute classes combine elements of pilates, dance, and cardio.
- The constant resistance of the chair and arm-resistance bungees and repetitive movements in a seamless, pilates and ballet based technique, creates a well-toned, long, lean, well-aligned, and sculpted body.
- The studio offers a wide range of classes, including Ballet Bungee, Bungee Blast (Mat Class) and Long and Lean Chair.
- Chaise23 reflects the passion that a family has for fitness.
- The studio is run by a fit and fabulous mother-daughter duo, Lauren and Rachel Piskin.
- Lauren (aka ‘mom’) grew up as a competitive figure skater and has over 27 years of experience practicing pilates.
- Rachel, her daughter and co-founder, was a professional dancer in the New York City Ballet.
- Both mother and daughter teach many of the classes, infusing them with their own personal style, expertise, and favorite playlists.
- Don’t forget your sneakers!
- New Clients must arrive 15 minutes before their first class to get a chair and bungee introduction.
- Classes are capped at 10 people to keep it intimate, allowing instructors to give each person a lot of personal attention and instruction.
- Bring plenty of water.
- Be ready to feel the burn.
It’s hard to know exactly what to expect when walking into a studio room that is arranged with rows of backless, cushioned chairs with strange-looking levers and corresponding rows of bungees hanging from the ceiling. Well, let’s just say this one caught us by surprise! We tried the Cardio Chair class, which was a fast-paced 55-minute session. The bungees are the secret killer of this class. Running in place isn’t just running in place. Combined with the necessary arm-movements in the bungees, even the warm-ups had us breaking a serious sweat…One of the best part of the Chaise23 experience? The personal touch. Rachel and Lauren are frequently in the studio and go out of their way to get to know their clients, extending their fitness family!
Flatiron 40 East 23rd Street Fl 3
New York, NY 10010 212-432-6100