- Edge Cycle offers students their reinvented and refreshed approach to indoor cycling.
- Get a leg-up on those fitness goals, Edge offers a Cycle Bootcamp class, which can burn up to 1,000 calories!
- Their classes are meant to push beginners and experts, alike, to reach their fitness goals.
- If you have never done a Spin class before, Edge offers a free “learn to ride” class.
- Edge Cycle wants to inspire all students to demolish their fitness goals with cycling. A core belief of their instructors is that indoor cycling is for everyone! This is the type of enthusiasm they instill on a daily basis!
- “Get Fit. Get the Edge.”
- Single classes are £15. If you plan on going regularly, check out their different class package offers.
- Edge offers 35-45 minute classes
- Everything you need for class will be provided, including cycling shoes, towels, toiletries, and water-Just come ready to sweat!
- There is no reason not to try Edge! If you aren’t satisfied after your first ride, they guarantee your full money back!
Arriving at Edge Cycle on Leather Lane was much the same as arriving at any other London spin studio: bold and colourful graphics on the wall, a smiley welcome at reception, an abundance of white, fluffy towels and a clean shower and changing area, but stepping into the spin studio is where the magic of Edge Cycle really begins.
We could have been forgiven for thinking that we were in a nightclub on a Saturday night instead of a fitness studio on a Monday evening. Upbeat club tunes and an impressive light show are what struck us first of all, but then we realized that there was quite a bit of space between bikes. The reason for the space quickly became clear once the class got under way….
We clipped our cycle shoes into the pedals – these are included as part of the class, and once you try them, you’ll never go back to wearing regular trainers for spinning – and instructor Rebecca got the class warmed up before leading us through a series of sprints and hill-climbs. Using small LCD packs on the front of the bike, we could keep an eye on the RPM and make sure that we were maximizing our effort. After 15 minutes on the bike, it was time to hit the floor for squats, lunges and chest-presses involving dumbbells. The final 15 minutes saw us back on the bikes for more sprints and hill-climbs, before coming back down onto the floor to be put through some tough abdominal drills before stretching out and cooling down.
While there a few spinning classes in London that do incorporate dumbbells and resistance bands, this is the first class where we got off the bike to continue the workout. The result was a fast-paced total body workout with so much going on that we didn’t realise how hard we were working.
Edge Cycle Limited 2 Leather Lane
London, UK EC1N 7RA 020 7242 6442 www.edgecycle.co.uk/
Next: CYCLEPATHIC, LA INDOOR CYCLING & GROUP FITNESS STUDIO Previous: Mile High Run Club – NYC Running Studio, NoHo