- An intimate studio that offers one-on-one and duet Pilates sessions, yoga, acupuncture, body work, cardio-coaching, and health counseling.
- The teachers are the hottest in town! (oh, and they have 500+ hours of training in addition to Erika Bloom monthly workshops).
- You will never do one set of exercises. Custom exercises are made to challenge every individual body-type.
- The machines and props are state of the art—the perfect way to supplement Bloom’s innovative Pilates method.
- The clientele is mostly comprised of women aged 25-45 years old, but all are welcome.
- Erika Bloom’s method is based off of her expertise in Pilates, dance, and fitness, with physiological-research-based refinements.
- Her method is tailored to her clients’ desires and needs: Popular requests include weight loss, muscle strengthening, reducing pain from injuries, and/or supplementing fitness routines.
- There are 3 other studio locations in NYC and the Hamptons. Each studio has an in-house boutique that is curated with Bloom’s favorite eco-friendly luxury brand products!
- Make sure you give yourself a few extra minutes to find a parking space on Greenwich Avenue (and don’t forget quarters for the parking meter!).
- Tell your instructor your Pilates experience and injuries—all instructors are great at modifying to your needs.
- There is no locker room (yet), so plan accordingly if you need to shower afterwards.
- The studio recommended wearing long exercise pants.
- No shoes are necessary.
- Want more? You can buy packages of 10, 25, or 50 sessions.
We went to the Greenwich Ave. Erika Bloom Pilates Plus location, which just opened in April of 2013. Arriving a bit early, we waited for the previous couple to finish their session (you can schedule duet private sessions, too!). Instantly, we knew there was something special about this intimate studio. Our instructor was upbeat, witty, and had a thorough knowledge of Pilates.
To begin, our instructor looked at our bodies to see any imbalances we may have. Once assessed, our workout began on the “Cadillac” machine. Then our core series began! Throughout the workout, we incorporated exercises using medicine balls of all sizes, Fuzzies, the Trapeze, and the Push Bar. Then we moved to the reformer where we worked on footwork, frogs, pelvic lifts, and knee stretches. Our instructor pushed us through each exercise with consistent motivation.
An added personal touch – each instructor is hand-picked to match the client’s personality by Erika Bloom’s Manhattan-based concierges.
Upper East Side 14 East 60th Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10022 212-288-3410Greenwich 53 Greenwich Ave, 2nd Floor
Greenwich, CT, CT 06830East Hampton 66 Newtown Lane, #7
East Hampton, NY 19937South Hampton 60 Windmill Lane
Southhampton, NY 11968