- The Flywheel experience was crafted by Ruth Zukerman, a legendary instructor and driving force behind the New York indoor cycling phenomenon.
- Zukerman, one of the original founders of SoulCycle, left to open Flywheel in 2010, alongside co-founder Jay Galluzzo, an industry wiz who coined the term “flywheeling” to describe their spin experience.
- Since opening, the company has expanded substantially, opening several other locations in NYC, The Hamptons, and eight other states across the country.
- The west coast was recently abuzz with the latest location launches, in West Hollywood and Larchmont, CA.
- Flywheel is one of the premier cycling studios.
- Their classes are either 45 or 60 minutes long.
- These sessions are sure to get your heart rate up and your competitive juices flowing.
- Spin to the beat and let the music take you on a journey – with playlists created by individual instructors from a collection of music carefully curated by Flywheel’s own in-house DJ.
- Feeling super-charged and competitive? You may opt to participate in the in-studio Torqboards – large-screen displays that occasionally flash leaderboards that show how you’re performing.
- The studio is widely known for spin, but it is also home to FlyBarre, a total body sculpting class that blends the best of light weight training, dance, and core strengthening exercises.
- Using small intense interval exercises choreographed to immersive and inspiring music, FlyBarre quickly reshapes the body for lean, strong, and elongated muscles.
Why walk when you can fly? That is our new attitude after experiencing Flywheel spin classes! We visited the studio’s Flatiron location where friendly front-desk staff helped us to sign in and to create an on-line profile at one of the computers set up right there in the reception area. While we’re no strangers to spin classes, the Flywheel experience till sucked us in and helped us to really sweat it out. Following the instructor’s guidance and trying to closely monitor our RPM’s during our ride kept us very competitive (even if only with ourselves!) throughout the ride. We pushed and pushed until we could nearly pedal no more. Our post-workout treat to ourselves? No, we didn’t indulge in any calorie-busting foods; instead we gave in to our other guilty pleasure and opted for a quick hair blowout right next door at DreamDry, stylist Rachel Zoe’s new salon!
- Stay hydrated with free water bottles!
- If you’re the competitive type, you may want to participate in the in-studio Torqboards which displays flash leaderboards that show how you’re performing.
- Flywheel provides bike shoes.
- Be ready to work your arms while climbing hills with their weighted bars!
Flatiron 39 West 21st Street
New York, NY 10010 212-242-9433UWS 470 Columbus Avenue Fl 2
New York, NY 10024 212-242-5161UES 201 East 67th Street Fl 3
New York, NY 10065 212-327-1217East Hampton 65 Montauk Highway Suite C
East Hampton, NY 11937 631-329-8622Sag Harbor 1 Bay Street
Sag Harbor, NY 11963 631-899-4256Tribeca 415 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013 212-242-5162