- Jivamukti London offers vigorous Vinyasa based classes that focus on breath, meditation, and relaxation.
- Classes are between 60-90 minutes: Open Class (90 mins), Spritual Warrior (90 minutes). Both are open to all levels.
- The Asana sequences are constantly changing so no two classes are alike.
- Their renowned 300 hour, month long residential teacher training program is for the seriously dedicated yogis. Think that’s you? Learn more here.
- The Jivamukti yoga method was created by David Life and Sharon Gannon in 1984 to expand the Western view of yoga beyond the physical to include philosophical and spiritual aspects.
- The London studio opened in 2005. Manizeh Rimer built the business for six years before transitioning to current owners Cat and Phil Douglas in 2011.
- They now offer 55 classes per week.
- Jivamukti Yoga London is the first and only Jivamukti full program school in the UK.
- Drop-in Prices: 60-Minute Classes: £14, 90-Minute Classes: £16
- Never been to Jivamukti and a UK resident? It’s you’re lucky day! Take advantage of their introductory offer: £20 for 10 consecutive days of classes.
- Check out their workshops, lectures, and performances offered from renowned teachers.
- Download the Jivamukti iphone app to view schedules and sign up for classed on the go.
- During popular class times, finding a space to place your mat can be tough, so make sure to be on time.
On the outskirts of Notting Hill, Jivamukti resides as a sanctuary for die-hard yogis. We took a 7pm class on a Thursday and were immediately blown away by the crowded yet peaceful atmosphere. Cat (the instructor) has been a part of Jiva for many many years , and has a huge following. She fills the room with yogis and her own presence. The words she speaks hit the spot and so does the yoga practice. We loved the focus on the physical yoga practice, with an incorporation of the spiritual and mediative aspects. The 90-minute session left us drenched and inspired to be a better yogi. If you are a die hard fan or just want the real yoga experience, don’t miss Jivamukti.
Notting Hill 300 Kensal Road
London, UK W10 5BE 020-8960-3999