- At Mazi, group fitness classes are focused on dance! More effective then traditional cardio, dance moves mix it up and challenges your body.
- There is a wide selection of cardio and body sculpting classes ranked by intensity (see website).
- Mazi was founded in 2009 by experienced dancing sisters Marisol and Ziba (get it? Ma-Zi).
- Instructors are not just fitness pros but also professional dancers who know exactly what you need to do to get their incredible bods.
- The studio is partners with the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC) for “The Gift of Movement”, an art exhibition bringing communities of Chicago together to support Art Therapy.
- With two locations (Wicker Park and South Loop) you can release tension after a long day at the office.
- No prior dance experience necessary.
- Always wanted to be a ballerina? Take Mazi’s Intro to Ballet: a 5-week program that teaches you proper alignment.
- With a Mazi member key-tag, you can get special deals at various places around the city. Check out their Facebook for more details.
- Have an itch for performing? Join Mazi Dance Chicago where every Monday, for 10 weeks, you will learn choreography and conclude with a performance!
- The Wicker Park location is right off of the Blue Line (but can be tricky to find) – it is on the 2nd floor next to City Soles.
So you think you can dance? Mazi does! Mazi Dance Fitness Chicago brings fun back into your workout. We took Ballerina Bum Body, which was the perfect combination of dance, cardio, and strength training. We were greeted by owner (and ballerina) Ziba in the cozy and personal reception area, before being escorted outside and upstairs to the dance studio. We sculpted and twisted our bodies in front of full-length mirrors, with a focus on dancers muscles. We had so much fun; we forgot we were working out! With so many different classes, we left excited to get back and try them all.
South Loop 719 South State Street (Entrance next to Pauly’s Pizzeria)
Chicago, IL 60605 773- 278-9600Wicker Park 2001 W North Ave (Entrance next to City Soles on North Ave side)
Chicago, IL 60622 773- 278-9600