- A holistic Pilates studio with special attention to the individual.
- Engages you in “Moving Meditation” by combining fitness and awareness .
- Has been featured in publications including Daily Candy, and the Larchmont Chronicle.
- Integrates Pilates, coordination patterns, yoga, and functional movement to help with joint function, proper alignment, strength and flexibility.
- Whether your goal is to lose weight or address issues of pain or fatigue, Mind & Motion will be able to meet your needs.
- Classes include Pilates on the apparatus, yoga postures, conditioning exercises, and relaxation techniques .
- Owner Meghan Pickrell has a Masters of Science in Kinesiology with a vast understanding of movement.
- She earned a BA in dance from the University of Colorado – Boulder, and has been a Movement Specialist since 2001.
- Her background in fitness and movement allows her to break down each exercise, teaching with scientific precision.
- Her teaching style ranges from a thorough, intense workout, to restorative classes geared towards healing lower back pain, disc herniation, scoliosis, sacrum instability and chronic conditions.
- Free introductory class for first-timers!
- Offers different level of Pilates, along with specialty classes like Pilates for Dancers, Relaxation for Actors, Prenatal Pilates, and private sessions.
- Warm and cheerful atmosphere with free lemon cucumber water.
- Plenty of free parking around the studio.
This cozy, fully stocked Pilates studio was covered in posters and diagrams of the human skeletal system, evidence of the scientific background and specialized knowledge of our trainer, Meghan. As she talked us through each exercise, one small adjustment made the movement immensely more challenging, and she continually gave us a variety of cues to adjust and perfect our form. Her attention to detail and knowledge of human movement was impressive, and the personalized attention we received makes this the perfect studio for anyone looking for an excellent workout, or to recover from any bodily pain or injury. We left the studio feeling wonderfully relaxed and refreshed, with a better understanding and new appreciation for our bodies in motion.
Los Angeles 3650 W 3rd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90036 (323) 931 – 0863