- The only spin studio in the country to offer live classes and on-demand streaming.
- Most classes are 45 minutes, but there are 30-minute and 60-minute options.
- The studio also features a luxurious lounge and common area (serving Jack’s Stir Brew Coffee, juice and healthy snacks).
- The Peloton Experience allows you to log in to your account from your bike and track your progress, earn achievements and see other riders on the leaderboard.
- The studio also retails its bikes so that you can ride on-demand from the privacy of your own home anytime you want!
- The studio opened in May 2014 in the fitness-focused Chelsea neighborhood in NYC.
- Peloton was founded with one simple but ambitious objective: to give riders the most fun and effective workout anywhere and anytime in the world.
- Founder John Foley and his wife were obsessed with boutique indoor-cycling studios, but struggled to create a similar environment and level of intensity for at-home workouts.
- In road cycle, the term “Peloton” refers to the main pack of riders at the front of the race.
- The online booking window for reservations opens on the 1st Wednesday of each month.
- Free bottled water, spin shoes and towels available.
- The cancellation window is 12 hours in advance.
- All NYC classes are filmed for the on-demand service; you may or may not be on camera depending on where you sit!
- Full service locker rooms and showers.
- At-home bikes are available for $2,000 each, with a $39/mont on-demand fee.
Near the heart of NYC’s fitness district lives one of the most innovative cycle studios- Peloton Cycle. Peloton mixes luxury accommodations with an interactive cycling experience for studio goers and at home participants. When we arrived, we chose our bikes and picked up complimentary shoes and water. Peloton definitely has it’s regulars: Monitors around the studio displayed at home participants who were joining in on the virtual ride and even at 7am, friends greeted each other ready for their workout.
Once our screens displayed the RPM, Watts and Resistance, as well as calories burned and time left in the class. Before we knew it, our instructor Lisa took off on her bike. The ride included tough hills, fast flat road sprints, and tap backs we made it all the way to the arm series, which was 3 minutes of free weights focusing on back, shoulders and biceps. The music ranged from 90s pop to a remix of today’s top hits. As we pushed through resistance our output climbed and the leaderboard changed in real time. There was also a timer counting down time left in class and a calorie count so we had all the stats we needed through the ride.
After an exhilarating sprint to end the ride, we had a few minutes to stretch and headed to Jack’s Stir Brew Coffee (in the studio!) for a complimentary post-ride fruit infused water and snack offered to riders daily. Peloton makes every rider feel like a VIP.
FLATIRON/CHELSEA 140 W. 23rd Street
New York, NY 10011
Next: TS Fitness, NYC Fitness Studio, Midtown East Previous: CYCLEPATHIC, LA INDOOR CYCLING & GROUP FITNESS STUDIO