- 57 minute classes that use ballet barres and your own body’s weight as resistance through intervals that target specific muscles groups including arms, thighs, seat, and waist.
- You’ll see results of longer, sculpted muscles and a leaner body in just 8 workouts!
- Physique57 cultivates addicts seen in all classes.
- Founded in 2006 by Jennifer Vaughan Maanavi and Tanya Becker, who needed a new go-to studio after The Lotte Berk Method closed.
- Physique 57 has partnerships with One and Only Resorts, QVC, and Plus One Health Management.
- Combining the body sculpting moves of traditional Physique57 classes with calorie torching cardio, their new class: Physique57 Cardio is designed to burn 700 calories!
- Have a big event or just want your perfect body in 2 weeks? Buy The Physique 57 Solution book: a diet and fitness plan to loose up to 10 inches and pounds.
- Can’t make a class? Their DVDs and online workouts are just as good as the real thing!
- Traveling from coast to coast? Check out their Beverly Hills studio at 320 N. Canon Drive.
We daredevils decided to try the new Physique57 Cardio class at the studio’s Upper West Side locations. Greeted by the enthusiastic staff in the immaculate studio on the 2nd floor of The Ansonia, we quickly found our spot near the ballet barre. With the medicine balls, leg straps, dumbbells, and blue carpeting, we thought we knew what the next hour would entail: arms, thighs, seat, abs, cool down right? Wrong!
Cardio is a sweat filled, non-stop hour with 4 “sprints” followed by a “cool down”. In true Physique57 style, each sprint focused on a specific body part, but in a rapid pace that revved up our heart rates from minute one. We went from squatting with the barre, to push ups, to planks, to leg lifts and back again. By the end (ok, within 5 minutes) we were dripping in sweat. Our instructor Chad, kept us motivated through his non-stop narration of each move, each muscle ache, and each mental block. We loved how he often did the exercises with us, which encouraged us to keep going, knowing he was in it too. Kudos Physique57 for managing to make a “low impact” class so incredibly impactful!
Midtown 24 West 57th Street, Suite 805
New York, NY 10019 212-399-0570Soho 161 Avenue of the Americas (at Spring Street)
New York , NY 10013 212-463-0570Upper West Side 2109 Broadway Suite 206 (on 73rd Street between Broadway and West End Avenue)
New York, NY 10023 212-259-0570BridgeHampton 264 Butter Lane
Bridgehampton, NY 11932 631-537-5722