- Pilates Back Bay offers small group and private lessons in their beautiful and fully equipped studio.
- Classes include: Pilates mat, Pilates equipment including chair and reformer, and TRX.
- Take your practice to the next level with private and semi-private lessons.
- Owner Kaching Fredricks made her way to Boston as a Dance and Theater major at Emerson College.
- Her passion led her to Pilates where she completed her 600 hour certification through Power Pilates as well as GYROTONIC and TRX certifications.
- Pilates Back Bay prides themselves on tailoring their programs to your individual goals whether it is to get in the best shape or your life, get into fitness, or rehabilitate from an injury.
- All ages, abilities and fitness levels are welcome.
- Group equipment class: $40.
- Group mat class: $25.
- Private lesson: $90 (recommended for Pilates newbies).
- Take advantage of their special services including pre and post natal Pilates and Pilates for golfers.
- Reformer classes are capped at 4, providing and intimidate enviorment to get the most out of your workout.
- Pilates Back Bay is located in between Arlington and Berkeley Streets on Boylston Street.
We took a small group class by inspiring owner, Kachina. The class emphasized alignment and traditional Pilates exercises, focusing on your muscles in very precise ways. For instance, we had to lengthen our spine and scoop our tailbone while also working our arms. The combination was VERY tricky to master! We were then asked to push our heels together while pushing against a fake wall…so much that our legs were shaking. One of our favorite parts of the class was when Kachina encouraged us to “get taller” in a position. She actually repeated that for a variety of positions, as we could actually feel our spines lengthening. Using the reformer helped us focus on length for all of the positions, whether we were focused on arms or legs. Kachina and Pilates Back Bay provided a perfectly intimate environment with a lot of personal attention.
Back Bay 376 Boylston Street, 3rd Floor
Boston, MA 02116 617-266-8080