- SCHEDULE & BOOKING AVAILABLE ON THE BURNTHIS APP!
- BOOK 3 CLASSES FOR JUST $30 ON THE APP.
- Pure Barre is a total body workout designed to firm up your core and help those trouble zones defy gravity.
- Their mantra over at PB is “lift, tone, burn!”
- Bun in the oven? Hot mama? The studio prides itself on being baby-safe!
- One ballet bar plus countless small, isometric movements equals 55 minutes of effective, easy-on-the-joints fitness.
- Carrie Rezabek Dorr is a professional choreographer, fitness instructor, and Law degree earner extraordinaire.
- Dorr opened her first Pure Barre studio in Michigan in 2001.
- The Pure Barre technique has danced its way into the hearts of 33 states. There are over 20 studios in California alone!
- The company now has a ton of innovative products including DVDs, skincare, apparel, and accessories (Pure Barre chapstick anyone?)
- Don’t forget your socks!
- To maximize your burn, listen carefully to your teacher’s instructions.
- Proper form is key and even a slight adjustment can make a huge difference in really making your muscles work!
When we first heard the name Pure Barre, we imagined the tights and pink leotards of our childhood ballet classes. But this intense workout is less prima ballerina and more GI Jane. We immediately hit the mats for a sweat-inducing warm up before lining up at the ballet barre. Our legs wobbled like crazy during the lower-body moves, (like squats in a grand plié position with raised heels), and our energetic instructor bounced around the room to correct our form, allowing us to get the most burn out of every move. We then targeted the core and arms using medicine balls, resistance bands, and small hand weights (2lb weights that felt like 20 in a matter of minutes), and we left wondering how a workout could look that graceful but bring on that kind of burn!
Beverly Hills 231 S. La Cienega Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211 424-204-9722Brentwood 11819 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 213
Brentwood, CA 90025 310-463-7873Santa Monica 201 Wilshire Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90401 310-395-3927