- Pure Barre is a total body workout, where you will actual see results after just 10 classes. Don’t take our word for it, try it!
- The PB workout focuses on small isometric movements at the ballet barre, set to motivating music.
- Classes are set to motivating, well-timed playlists while instructors utilize weights, the ballet barre, balls, and a band to intensify the workout.
- All classes are 60 minutes, served sweaty all day long from 6:30am-7:00pm.
- Founded in 2001 by dancer, choreographer, and fitness guru Carrie Rezabeck, Pure Barre now has locations across 36 states!
- Pure Barre now has an extensive DVD collection for at home or on the road.
- The SF studio owner Kara is a certified Yoga Instructor who fell in love with the Pure Barre Method.
- Traveling to LA? Check out another Pure Barre review.
- Single Classes: $23, New Client Special: $99 unlimited month!
- Bring socks for the studio class, preferably the one with a grippy bottom. Don’t have ’em? Buy ’em, they are worth the investment.
- Some of our favorite instructors at the Buchanan St location: Juliann (extremely thorough and attentive), Danielle (kicks your butt), Ashley (super bubbly & great music selection).
- To help women bounce back after a baby, PB offers a 3-month unlimited package for new moms.
- New clients come a few minutes early to fill out the form and for a brief tour.
- The Instructor focuses on form and does hands on adjustments throughout the class.
As soon as we walked into the studio in the heart of Marina/Cow Hollow, we felt welcome! The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. The Instructor (who is getting ready to open her own Pure Barre) was in the lobby and introduced herself. We were given a tour of the studio which is gorgeous and new! The space where the class is held has a wall lined with windows, letting in natural light. The class itself was challenging, and had great music. We used a band to increase the intensity of exercises at the barre. The sequence flowed nicely from arms, thighs, butts, and abs, and went by so fast! The best part was we had fun while doing it, and what’s better than burning calories while having a blast?
Marina/Cow Hollow 3727 Buchanan Street
San Francisco, CA 94123 415-921-1196