- The Life Centre will prove Yoga is for a better life with a wide variety of yoga and Pilates classes for all levels.
- No matter what style you prefer, you’ll find it here! The Life Centre’s classes include Ashtanga, Ishta, Iyengar, Jivamukti, Vinyasa, Yin, and more.
- Drop in class prices: 50 minutes: £13, 1 hour: £14, 1.25 hours: £15, 1.5 hours/2 hours/Mysore: £16.
- The Notting Hill Studio was one of London’s first yoga centers, founded in 1993.
- Their 20+ year long history allows them to have deep yoga knowledge that drives the studio towards excellence with top teachers, exciting workshops, healing therapies, and retreats.
- The Life Centre aspires to be a “friendly haven, where yoga, pilates, therapies and kids’ activities inspire well-being within Notting Hill’s community.”
- No need to book ahead of time. Classes are all drop-ins and first come first serve, so make sure to get them 10-15 minutes early.
- Mats are free to use if you don’t have your own.
- On Mondays from 2:45-4pm they offer Yoga for Those Affected by Cancer to help improve all parts of your recovery process.
- Yoga beginner? Take one of The Life Centre’s beginner courses Monday evening and Saturday lunchtime at Notting Hill and Tuesday or Wednesday evenings at Islington.
Set in a converted church building off a small residential street in Notting Hill, the Life Centre is warmly inviting. We attended a Level 1 Ashtanga class with Phillipa to understand a little more about this style of yoga. Like other yoga practices, the class is centered around repetitive vinyasas, but is unique in their attention to detail and holding poses for exactly five breaths each. We began with a series of vinyasas, but moved through a standing series before practicing seated poses, inversions, and finally shavasana. The orderliness of the class made it easy to follow and we caught on quickly. Advanced poses were offered for those more experienced. The serenity in the ‘Loft’ studio was also ideal as we watched the sun set over Southwest London from down dog pose.
Notting Hill 15 Edge Street
London, UK W8 7PN 020-7221-4602Islington 1 Britannia Row
London, UK N1 8QH 020-7704-0919